Singer / Songwriter / Multi-Instrumentalist
is an Australian
With an impressive array of achievements already under his belt, singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Harry Cleverdon, the young NSW-based music artist, has released an impressive debut album Octothorpe.
With his streaming stats already at a quarter of a million and rising, Harry is part of a new breed of contemporary Australian musician’s creating an impact here and potentially at a global level. Several singles were released including Deserve Your Love, a stirring narrative and entrancing sound will resonate with many; and 6 hours away, a heart wrenching tale of young love.
Watch the video for 6 hours away here.
At just 18 he’s amassed an incredible list of achievements including winning the International Songwriting Competition for the people’s choice with his song Hit Me While I’m Down, sharing the stage with several big names including Troy Cassar-Daley and Isaiah Firebrace, winning numerous national competitions including ‘Champion’ of the National Busking Championships and releasing a critically acclaimed EP. In December 2020, Harry was also announced a finalist in the Australian Songwriting Association (ASA) awards to be held in early 2021, with his song ‘Hold on’.
Harry’s musical transition from that six-year-old naturally gifted performer to the accomplished musical artist he is today has seen his strength as a writer, vocalist and musician developed to extraordinary levels. Harry is not your average contemporary pop-rock artist and his latest release is a finely-crafted blend of poignant lyrics, irresistible vocal prowess and memorable and alluring melodies. Harry has put his own stamp on the genre to create an enticing amalgamation of heartfelt musical power.
Deserve Your Love is a brilliant taste of Harry Cleverdon ‘s debut album; a song that combines astute personal reflection and storytelling with an expressive vocal performance and skillful musicianship. The song is about muted yearning, a variation of unrequited love that is wonderfully communicated. The track is beautifully produced utilising Harry’s rich voice and superb guitar playing to bring out the best in the song’s energy and intensity.
Harry has quite a collection of accomplishments for his young years including:
• Winner of International Songwriting Competition (ISC) | People's Voice Category - Nashville, USA
• Released debut EP 'From My Side Of The Stage' - October 2019
• Featuring as the emerging artist at the Toyota Goulburn-Gunderoo Music Festival in Octover 2019, launching original music
• Opened the 2019 Wagga Food and Wine Festival - BMW Riverina Food and Wine Festival
• Australian National Busking Championships - Runner up 2018
• Opened for Isaiah (Firebrace) in February 2018
• Opened for Troy Cassar-Daley at concert in December 2017
• Australian National Busking Champion 2017 (under 18)
• Fasttrack Talent Quest 2017 - Griffith October 2017
• Wagga Wagga Australia Day Talent Quest 2017 - Runner Up / Winner
• Urban Star 2016 Best New Young Male Artist NSW
• Junee Rhythm 'n' Rail Festival Search for a Star 2016 - Winner
• Tamworth 2015 - Placing 3rd in the popular 'People's Choice' Award for Street Buskers
• Blacktown City Show - Talent Quest March 2016 - Winner
• Quandialla Flood Buster Talent Quest Oct 2016 - Winner
• Australian National Busking Champion 2014 (Cooma - primary entry)